Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nine months old!

Month number nine has been a big one for Anna!  Here are some of the highlights.

The biggest event for Anna this month was, of course, her surgery.  You can read all about that here.  We just went back for her follow-up appointment Thursday, and her doctor said her eyes are looking really good!  He seemed really pleased with how well she's doing.  So that is good news!

Anna had an appointment with her regular pediatrician this week as well.  She weighs 17 lb, 8 oz (38th percentile) and is 27 in long (45th percentile).  I was a little surprised that she is on the smaller side because she wears mostly 12 month clothes now.  But her head circumference is at the 80th percentile! She's got a big noggin. :)

Anna is officially a mobile baby.  She gets around pretty good with her army crawl, laying flat on her belly and pulling herself forward with her arms.  She is so close to full-on crawling.  She gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth, and she can pick up her hands like she's about to crawl.  But as soon as she tries to move her legs with her hands, she falls forward onto her face haha.  She also likes to push up on her feet with her bum in the air...like the downward facing dog position. :)  Here's a video of her on the move.

She learned a few weeks ago how to get from a sitting position to a crawling position.  Just this last week, she finally was able to get from a crawling position back to sitting.  I've gone to get her from her nap a couple times and found her sitting up in her crib.

Anna got her first top tooth this month. It's a BIG tooth, almost twice as big as her bottom teeth. She's up to three teeth now, with a fourth on it's way.

Anna can turn the pages of books all by herself now!  In fact, it's all she wants to do.  We usually have to speed read the book because she's ready to turn the page faster than we can read it. She does better with the board books, but she can turn paper pages without wrinkling them too bad. :)


She is starting to like watching the T.V.  She used to watch it for only a few minutes and then go back to whatever she was doing.  But now if I put a cartoon on, especially if it has music, she'll sit and watch it for ten or fifteen minutes.

Anna's hair is long enough to pull into pony tail on top of her head.  The front was getting so long that it was in her eyes, so I the other day I tried to trim it.  I wish I hadn't.  She was so wiggly that I didn't cut it very straight.  She'll just have to wear it in a pony every day to hide her uneven bangs!


Here are some of my favorite things Anna does.

1. Every time she does something new, we say "Yay, Anna!" and she claps and smiles really big. It's so cute!

2. When we go into the garage and open the garage door, she gets so excited!  She starts wiggling all over and flapping her arms up and down really fast.  It's so funny!

3. When she's crawling/scooting around on the floor, sometimes she gets tired and stops, lays her head down, and takes a little "breather."

4. She likes to "dance" (bob her head up and down) to music.

5. She loves playing the piano.  Both her little toy one and Mommy's big one.

6. She loves naps, and she goes down really quickly.  I just lay her down with her pacifier and blanket and she goes right to sleep.  It's awesome.  She still takes three naps a day.

Here are some of my not-so-favorite things.

1. She now HATES getting dressed.  And getting her diaper changed.  It's a battle every time.  She fights me the whole time, trying to roll over and crawl away.  Seriously, you'd think I was doing something horrible to her.  In fact, at the doctor the other day, she cried more when I was putting her clothes on than she did when she got her flu shot!

2. She likes to spit.  It's actually kind-of cute, but it's definitely not a habit we want to encourage!  One time we had pizza for dinner, and we had fed her some olives.  When dinner was over, we were sitting on the couch playing, and all of a sudden, she spit little chunks of olive all over me.  Gross.

3. Anna loves all technology.  I can't sit next to her when I'm texting or on my computer because she will try to grab it out of my hands and push the buttons.  If you get a call from my phone and all you hear is baby babble, don't be surprised.  She's called quite a few people already!

4. And a couple of times this month, she's woken up around 3:00 or 4:00 a.m., wide awake, wanting to play.  Ahhh!  The last time it happened, I just left her in her crib and went back to bed.  She was fine for a little while, then cried a little, and then went back to sleep on her own.  So that was good.  I hope it doesn't become a trend, though!

Well, that's about all!  Here are a couple more pictures!
Sad face. :(
Haha I don't even know what to say about this face.
She loves looking out the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment