Fall is my favorite season. I love the cooler weather and the vibrant colors. I love the crunch of leaves under my feet. In fact, I will actually go out of my way to step on a particularly crunchy-looking leaf. I love fall foods...pumpkin cookies, apple pie, chili, caramel apples. I love fall clothes...cute jackets and sweaters, fun scarves. I just love everything about fall!
We've been busy doing some of my favorite fall-ish things.
For family night the other week, we took a drive up Payson Canyon and looked at all the beautiful trees. In Utah, I love that you can see the colors for over a month if you want to make the effort. They turn first on the mountains, then the canyons, then the valleys.
On the way back, we drove by the Payson Temple site. When it's finished, it will be our temple. It's less than ten minutes from our house. They just put Angel Moroni on the top, and it's looking pretty complete from the outside!
Last weekend, Anna and I went with some friends to a pumpkin patch in Payson. It was just some family's little farm, but they've transformed it into a fall carnival complete with pony rides, a petting zoo, hayrides, a maze, and live bluegrass band. It was so fun! Anna was too little to do most of the activities, but we went on the hayride to the pumpkin patch and looked at all the animals.
 |
| The sun was a little bright! |
On Friday, we carved our Halloween pumpkins. We picked our pumpkins this year from the patch Beth and Todd grew at my grandparents' house.
 |
| Anna helped me gut my pumpkin...and by helped, I mean flung the guts everywhere |
 |
| All covered in pumpkin goo |
 |
| Look at her diaper stained orange! |
 |
| Derek's witch |
 |
| I modeled mine after Anna...long eyelashes and buck teeth |
 |
| All lit up! |
After carving pumpkins, we put Anna to bed, and then Derek and I cuddled up on the couch to watch a scary movie. Neither of us really like scary movies, but we both like cuddling, so it worked out pretty ok. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment