Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend, we went to Denver for Derek's cousin Tyler's wedding.  It was Anna's first trip to Denver!  We hadn't made it to Denver since last July for Kelsey's wedding, so it had been awhile for us as well!  Anna did really great in the car.  She slept most of the time, and when she was awake, she was happy for the most part.  The few times she started to fuss, we just had to sing songs to her and she was happy again.  We sang 26 verses of Old McDonald...one for every letter of the alphabet.  Well, 25 I guess because we couldn't come up with an animal for "X." :)

We got into Denver late Friday afternoon.  That night we went to Amanda's bridal shower...well Anna and I went, Derek wasn't invited obviously.  It was really fun and cute, but Anna was a grouch that night and cried for like an hour, so that wasn't too fun.  There were like three other baby girls there and all of them were perfect angels.  I hate when that happens...I always feel like other moms are thinking, "Wow, she has no idea what she's doing" or "Poor mom, I'm glad MY baby isn't like that."  Haha I know that's not what they were thinking and that they've all had bad moments with their babies.  But that's how I felt!  I wanted to yell, "I promise my baby isn't always like this, she's usually really happy and fun, she was just in the car for 8 hours today and she's teething, so that's why she's acting like a holy terror!"  :)

ANYWAY, we stayed with Karry...she got out some of the books she has from when her boys were little to read to Anna.  Anna loves books! 
Reading books with Grandma
Saturday morning we got to sleep in a little.  Scott, Kristine, and Shannon came over for a visit in the morning.  It was fun to see them!

That was pretty much the most relaxing part of the trip.  The wedding was at 1:00.  It was a beautiful ceremony.  It was rather long though, so I was glad we didn't take Anna.  She got to hang out with Grandma. :)

After the wedding, we drove the 2ish hours down to Colorado Springs to go to Kailey's graduation.  We were there for a couple hours, and then we had to turn around again and head back up north for the wedding reception.  It was a busy day!
Anna got to meet lots of family for the first time, including Aunt Suzanne


And Aunt Emily
Anna with Grandpa
Dancing with Daddy :)
Sunday was a little less crazy.  We went to church in the morning.  Then after church, we went to a little birthday party for Derek's cousin Harry.
Harry opening his presents.
Not sure if Anna liked wearing the party hat...
In the afternoon, Derek, Kyle, Amanda, and Karry went out to Amanda's uncle's land to shoot guns, have a bonfire, all sorts of crazy stuff.  I was going to go too, but I knew Anna would hate all the loud noise and I would just end up sitting in the car with her the whole time.  So I decided it would be better to go hang out at Derek's dad's house.  So that's what we did!  Definitely a good decision.  Anna would have hated being around this...


Derek made this shot...he claims that's not him giggling like a little boy...but it totally is. :) 

We had to leave pretty early Monday morning so we could make it home and finish packing for our move!  (Next post about that!)  Though it was a busy weekend, it was a lot of fun!  We always enjoy getting to spend time with family.


No comments:

Post a Comment