Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

Bear Lake Trip!

So our really good friends, Kent and Amy, moved to San Antonio this week. We were really sad to see them go.  And they are the only ones I know of that were sad when we told them we were no longer moving to Houston! (It's like 3 hours from San Antonio...but that's practically next door in Texas!) :) Anyway, the last weekend before they moved, they invited us to go with them and Amy's cousin to Bear Lake. We stayed in the cute little lake house that Amy's parents own. This was our second Bear Lake trip with Amy and Kent...we went up last summer right before school started. In June, it's way too cold to swim in the lake, but we had a lot of fun anyway. We got to see a hilarious play...well I got to see a hilarious play. Derek was outside/sitting in the way back with Anna who started screaming within the first 2 minutes. (She hates loud noises and the cheering and laughing in the theater was way too much for her to handle!) We ate great food...huge home-cooked breakfasts, yummy pizza, and famous raspberry shakes! But mostly, we just relaxed, talked, and played lots of card games. 

Another awesome thing about the trip was that the lilacs were still in bloom! I LOVE the smell of lilacs. And usually I only get to enjoy them for about two weeks of the year because that's how long they're in bloom. But THIS year, I got to enjoy them THREE different times. They bloomed in Provo. Then we went to Denver and they were still in bloom there! And then we went to Bear Lake, and they were still in bloom THERE! Lucky me! Derek, Anna, and I took a little walk down the road to smell the lilacs.







I wish I had taken more pictures while we were there.  Here's one with us and Kent and Amy.  We will really miss them!
See?  Anna was so sad they're moving, she started crying! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the lilacs! I feel like our lilac season in South Dakota was shorter than ever because it was such a hectic time, plus cold and rainy so I didn't go out and enjoy them like I should have. When you buy your new home, plant a lilac or two! Then you can have your very own!

    ReplyDelete