Here are some of Anna's changes this past month...
Anna weighed 16 pounds 2 ounces and was 26 1/2 inches long at her 6-month appointment. (In case you're wondering, that's 52nd percentile for weight and 76th for height.) She is wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes now, still fitting a few 3-6 month things. Still in size 3 diapers. I think now is good time to show how much she's grown...
Anna's most recent development is learning to sit up without support. She can only go a few seconds by herself, so you have to be right there to catch her!
Anna is still really into grabbing things...we have to be careful because at dinner time, she'll reach out and grab our plates. Luckily, the only things she's been able to pull onto the floor are napkins and silverware! She still palms things with her hands...hasn't quite got the pincer grip down yet, but she's learned how to transfer objects from one hand to the other. She is showing much more interest in toys and rattles now that she can hold them herself.
She's doing pretty well with solid foods. She usually gets one serving of rice cereal a day, plus a few pieces of fruit or vegetables that Mom and Dad share with her. Her favorite food is definitely watermelon! She is starting to display a little independent streak during mealtimes...she always wants to hold the spoon herself!
She really likes her baths now and has graduated to the big tub. She'll splash and play during bath time, and doesn't cry at all anymore.
Anna has her two bottom teeth now! Teething has been pretty rough, especially the past week. We had two nights in a row where she screamed for over an hour before she fell asleep because her mouth hurt so much. Baby Tylenol and teething gel have been lifesavers!
Even when her teeth aren't bothering her, Anna still really fights sleep. We have to walk up and down the hall/bounce her while standing for over an hour sometimes before she'll fall asleep at night. And usually she's crying for most of it. Then she'll still often wake up 2-3 times a night. I used to enjoy nursing/rocking her to sleep every night. But it's seemed to have stopped working, and bedtime is pretty miserable for both her and us. So I think we're going to try to teach her to fall asleep in her crib. She used to do that sometimes without a fuss, but not for over a month. I don't want to do cry-it-out, but I was given the "Sleep Lady's" book that uses a method I think I can handle. Basically, it's where you start the first few nights sitting by their crib, patting, and shhing, and singing softly. Then you move to the other side of the room the next few nights. Then the next few nights you're out in the hall. Then (supposedly) the baby is supposed be able to fall asleep without you even there. Honestly, I don't care right now about being able to leave her alone. I'm fine sitting in the room with her, I just want her to go to sleep without a fight! Anyway, we're going to give it a try, and see how it goes!
One funny thing Anna's been doing lately is putting her arms behind her head when she sleeps. She looks so chill!
Anna LOVES to blow bubbles and buzz her lips. It's so funny! Here's a video of it...
She is doing really well on her tummy and her arms are getting stronger. She can hold her upper body up for a long time now. She still doesn't really roll over! She will go from back to front every once in awhile when she's really trying. But she never even tries to do front to back. I try to show her how at least a couple times a day...all I have to do is pull her hand out from under her and she just rolls right over. But she never tries to do it on her own. Oh well. She seems to be right where she should be with everything else, so I'm not too worried about it!
Anna's follow-up eye appointment is at the end of this month. I really think it's a lazy eye. Her right eye is fine, it's just the left one that doesn't stay focused. I'm really hoping wearing an eye patch will fix the problem.
Anna loves when Mommy and Daddy play games with her! Here is her newest favorite game...
That's about all I can think of to report! Here's a few more pictures. Sorry they're kind-of off center. I have to look at her, not the camera, to get her to smile!










I didn't read that book, but that's what we did with Andrew. {although...he was a year and a half before I tried it} But it worked! Sometimes he still asks me to sit by the door, but usually he's fine if I do the dishes or whatever. Good luck!
ReplyDelete