Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

4 months old

Here's our little girl at four months old!  She's getting so big!  At her four month appointment, Anna weighed 13 lb 12 oz and was 25 in long.  In case you're wondering, that's 40th percentile for weight, and 80th for height.  She's really grown since her two month appointment!  She wears size 2 diapers, but will probably graduate to size 3 before the month is out.  She's wearing 3-6 month clothes.

My favorite thing about Anna this month are her smiles!  Derek and I love to sing songs to her because she will just smile and smile.  Her favorites are "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home" and "She'll be Coming Around the Mountain" and "Old MacDonald". Sometimes when she gets really excited, she'll squeal too.  It's so darn cute!  She has the biggest, happiest smile I've ever seen!




She's also really vocal...she babbles and coos all the time.  The other day at church, the choir was singing and she was just babbling "Ah, dah, bah, gah, ahh" through the whole thing.  I think she was trying to sing with them, haha.  

She still loves sucking on her fingers, but her new favorite thing is sticking out her tongue and blowing bubbles.

Anna's legs are getting really strong.  She can support her weight on them and just needs someone to hold her to keep her balance.  She also likes to kick her legs.  It sometimes makes changing her diaper a challenge!  When she wakes up in the morning, usually before we hear her crying, we hear this "thump, thump" sound of her feet hitting the mattress.  Her neck and stomach muscles are also getting stronger and she can sit upright pretty well if she's propped up with something.

She rolled over for the first (and only) time this week.  I really don't know how it happened.  I was sure she would roll over from back to front first...she's really close that way.  But on Sunday, she was on her tummy on the floor, and Derek and I were talking...and then all of a sudden we heard this "thunk." We look over and she was on her back!  I was so surprised!  We put her right back on her tummy to see if she'd do it again, but she hasn't done it (or even come close to it) since.  She's really close to rolling over from back to front.  She can turn her hips and head and shoulders to the side.  She just hasn't figured out how to get her arm out of the way so she can make it all the way over yet.  Soon though!
Right after she rolled over...she seemed so proud of herself!
Anna started sleeping through the night this month!  Hooray!  She doesn't do it every night, but it's so nice to get a full night's sleep a couple times a week. On the down side, bedtime has gotten tougher.  Sometimes she goes right to sleep at 9:00-9:30, but then wakes an hour later and is up off and until 11:00.  Other nights she fights sleep, crying and fussing until 10:30-11:00.  But then I sometimes get a full 7-8 hours of sleep until she wakes up between 7:00-8:00.  So it's been kind-of a trade-off—going to bed later, but getting longer stretches at night.

Everyone used to comment on all her dark hair, but now it's her chubby cheeks and big eyes everyone notices first.  I swear half of her body weight is in her cheeks.  They're so soft and squishy, you just have to kiss and squeeze them all the time. :)  Her eyes are still changing colors.  Currently they're a dark gray, but sometimes they look more hazelly.  Who knows what color they'll end up being? It's kind-of fun watching them change.  I made an appointment with the eye-doctor next week to check her eye development.  Her right eye is completely straightened out now, but her left one will still turn inwards from time to time. Her pediatrician said it could be a muscle issue or that the vision in the left eye is weaker and might be turning into a lazy eye. So we're going to get that checked out to see what's going on.


Let's see, what else is new?  Bath time is getting better.  We've started sitting her up in the tub instead of lying back.  She seems to like that better.  We can usually make it through bath time without tears, so that's nice.

Anna doesn't need to be held all the time anymore, which I am grateful for.  She can entertain herself on the floor or in the bouncy chair for a good 15-20 minutes.  But she doesn't like being ignored or left alone in a room by herself.  If I leave her on the floor in the living room and go into the kitchen or bathroom, before too long, she'll start calling out.  I think she just likes to make sure I didn't forget about her. :)  But honestly, who could forget that adorable face?

She still loves the bouncy chair.  It's our savior during dinner. We put that up on the table while we're eating so we don't have to hold her, but she can still see us.

Well, that's about all I can think of to say about our baby girl....so here's some more pictures!




Anna with Brittney's baby, Monty.  He's 6 weeks younger than Anna, but probably outweighs her by at least three pounds!  It was fun to get them together for an evening.  
A couple of cuties!

 Daddy time!


 She loves getting kisses.



 All dressed up for church!

 This is why I cut my hair...


Our little family! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment