Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

One month old!

So I've had this post ready to go for over a week, but I was waiting for pictures! (Because cute baby pictures are the best part about this blog, remember?) Sadly, we lost the USB cord for our camera. Derek went to BestBuy and bought a new one, but it didn't fit. I ordered one of Amazon...but IT didn't fit! So we finally went back to BestBuy and just bought a SD card reader. So now I can finally post some of the 153 pictures of Anna we've taken so far. :)
Well, I can hardly believe our little girl is already a month old. She's already changed and grown so much! She's really starting to be more "aware" and will make eye contact with you when you talk to her. I'm really looking forward to when she's more responsive and can smile and play. (I try to read books to her and sing songs and play peek-a-boo...and it's just a little one-sided right now haha.) But I know this sleepy newborn stage is going to be gone before I know it, and I will miss it when it's over. I keep reminding myself to just savor every moment!

At her two week appointment, Anna had gained almost a pound and weighed 7 lbs 9 oz. We guess she's well over 8 lbs now. She can lift her head up pretty well now, and she's starting to get a little more control of her arms and hands. In fact, the other day her pacifier fell out of her mouth onto her chest and she was able to push it back into her mouth with her fist! I was impressed. :) She is eating much better now. For the first couple weeks, she would only eat a little bit and then fall asleep and wake up an hour later hungry again. Now she'll go at least two or three hours between feedings. She is also sleeping better at night. She usually sleeps at least one three or four hour stretch each night. On Sunday night, she slept a record 5 hours straight. I'm hoping that will soon become a nightly occurrence. :)

Here are some of my favorite things about Anna.
1. She is SUPER cuddly. Her favorite place to sleep is snuggled up on Mom or Dad's chest. I love snuggling up with her on the couch for our afternoon nap (an almost daily occurrence).


2. Her chubby cheeks. They're super soft and kissable. :)
3. She makes funny faces. My favorite is when she puckers up her lips. She also scrunches up her face every time someone kisses her cheeks. And she smiles, usually when she's asleep.
4. She also makes really funny noises. We laugh at her a lot. She makes a soft "cooing" sound when she sleeps. When she knows she's about to get fed, her eyes get really big and she opens her mouth really wide and goes, "Ahahahah!" She grunts when she's gassy or has to poop. And she gets the hiccups CONSTANTLY and sounds like a squeaky toy haha. I've also caught her laughing a couple times in her sleep!
Here are some of Anna's likes/dislikes.

Anna loves to be held and cuddled. Especially by Daddy.



She loves to look at lights. When the sunlight is shining through the window, she will just stop and stare at it for several minutes. Same with her nightlight. And the glow of the ipad screen. :)


Anna loves music...everything from the CD of lullabies we play at night to Mommy or Daddy singing to the organ at church. Sometimes it will be the only thing that soothes her when she's crying.

She also likes the sound of the vacuum. Weird, I know.

Anna hates being cold. She cries every time we take her clothes off for a bath and through the whole bath if the water isn't warm enough.


But she loves getting wrapped up afterward in a nice warm towel.

She also loves getting her hair brushed.
Anna likes her hands. She likes to suck on her fingers/fists (as well as other people's fingers) when she can get them to her mouth. She also likes to cover her face with her hand when she's eating.

She is starting to like her pacifier more.


She hates getting buckled in her carrier, but once she's in it she usually falls asleep and sleeps for hours (which Mom and Dad love).

She hates tummy time.
She really doesn't like being put down at all. She'll tolerate it for a few minutes before crying to be picked up again.

The one thing she will let us put her in is her bouncer...but only when it's on the vibrate setting. (We figure it's like a massage chair). Unfortunately, the bouncer is a hand-me down and has a short in it. It will turn off and on randomly. So someone has to be right there ready to push the button in case the vibration turns off because she'll start to cry. But as long as that vibrator is going, she's content as can be!

We're loving every day with our Anna girl! She really has quite the personality for such a little baby. She keeps us smiling every day!














1 comment: