Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Summer of Weddings

I am back to playing catch-up, starting with the end of last summer.  On August 30th, my brother, Trevor, married his beautiful wife, Megan. The wedding was here in Utah (which was nice for us!) at the same LDS temple Derek and I were married in. I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote in an email to my sister Maggie (who is currently serving a mission in Florida and was unable to attend the wedding.)

"Yesterday was wedding day!  It really was a nearly perfect day. The weather was fabulous...cloudy and cool in the morning at the temple, then sunny in the evening for the reception. Megan was stunning. Trev smiled the whole day. I got to see them kiss in person for the first time...and first twenty times after that. The sealer was long-winded but had great insights and a sense of humor. (He told Trev to "give her a real kiss, none of this little peck stuff.") Dad gave a little speech at the luncheon, and it was really nice. Mom was lovely in peach, and Haley and Maren were the cutest bridesmaids ever. Anna was adorable and happy all day. Derek stayed busy chasing her around and suffering through too many pictures. I only cried twice, once hugging Trev after the sealing and again during the mommy-son dance. (Trevor had to go and pick that darn "sleep my baby" song from that lullaby CD, and he was crying and I just lost it. I'll blame it on pregnancy hormones.) They had so many well-wishers the receiving line went on for over two hours. The flowers and pictures looked great and mom's slide show was a hit. The cake was beautiful...until it started melting off the tray and looked more like a frosting avalanche. And they actually had lots of willing dancers so it seemed like a real dance and not a Sioux Falls stake youth dance like some wedding dances I've been to.  I was exhausted by the end of the day, but so, so happy for Trevor and so excited to have Megan officially join our family."

It really was such a happy event!  We all love Megan and are so happy that Trev found someone so perfect for him.





It was kind-of too bad for us that Derek's cousin Connor's wedding was also that same day.  We left Trev's reception early to try and catch the end of Connor's, but we pretty much showed up just in time to help clean up.  It was really fun, though, because we got to see all of Derek's family who came out for the wedding.  The evening before the wedding, we had everyone over at our house for dinner. Anna had so much fun with her second cousins, Lexi and Chelsea, and it was so nice to catch up with those we hadn't seen in awhile.


Little cousins
Anna & Lexi on the trampoline

The following Saturday (September 6th), my best friend, Ashley got married.  The wedding was in Mitchell, and it worked out pretty nicely because Anna and I just drove back to South Dakota with my family after Trevor's wedding.  Then Derek flew out that Friday evening, and we all flew back together the following Monday.  

I was honored to be one of the bridesmaids in the wedding party.  The only problem was that the dress I ordered no longer fit over my baby bump. I had been trying it on almost every week to make sure it still fit....and I could still squeeze into it until the week right before haha.  Try as I might, there was absolutely no way I could get that zipper up!  I borrowed a couple of black dresses from friends, spent a couple days running around Mitchell trying to find a similar dress, but none of them really looked like the original.  Finally, one of my mom's amazing coworkers offered to alter the dress for me.  She was able to take the seams out just under my arms and add two black panels to increase the width of the dress.  It worked great, and you could hardly tell it was a different material.  I was so grateful! 

Ash's wedding day was amazing and so fun.  We all got our hair done together that morning and then took pictures in the afternoon before the ceremony.  I was super nervous about tripping in my 4-inch heels walking up the aisle, but I made it with no problems.  (I was so happy to take those shoes off afterward though!  My feet were killing me by the end haha.)  The ceremony was really beautiful, and the reception/dance afterward was a ton of fun.  I was so happy for her, and I was so happy I could be there for her special day!




No comments:

Post a Comment